Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Thoughts about Access Program (Noureddine Boutahar)


I am writing these thoughts at the request of Khemisset Access program students.
MATE ACCESS program is almost over and I am sad, but I am actually profoundly grateful for the opportunity given to me to teach these students because I learnt a lot from the students and from the program itself. It is my utmost delight to see these young people grow, in less than two years, from students struggling to communicate with English to students who can hold a long conversation and write long essays in English using a wider variety of vocabulary and grammatical structures.
The program allowed me to meet and make new friends (teachers, students, guest speakers, parents and others)
The program allowed me to use my ICT skills and put to practice things I learnt by my own and during my stay in the USA.
The program allowed me to improve and hone some of my teaching skills because this is a special group.
The program allowed me to widen my knowledge of American culture via the books (MEGA), the CDS, and the American guest speakers.
I learned that working with a small group is much better than working with a large group because you can tend to the needs of each individual student.
I learned that introducing Internet services in the classroom like youtube, google, blogs, and so on enhances learning, and makes teaching fun and enjoyable.
I learned that good students – like this group -- make a good teacher. It’s the serious, smart, interested, curious students who push teacher to do better and work harder.
I learned to budget my time even more efficiently. I had to juggle my school work, my Access work, my TV work, and my family chores and responsibilities.
Also, my students have repeatedly been teachers to me.For example, time and again, I prepared and planed topics for discussion, read enough about them, then I got surprised at the richness and variety of my students ideas in the classroom.
I'm sad, though, that the program is almost over because I had so much fun with these students. I hope to meet with them sometime later, to see them grow, develop, begin a career, and actively participate in and contribute to the development, welfare, and betterment of this nation.

3 comments:

mmmaaattt said...

i am so happy my professor to read your article. it is my pleasure to do so. i hope i can meet nice professors like you while i am going ahead to college.in short, i want to thank you for the hard work and effort you do to make of us well educated students.

mmmaaattt said...

by the way this is my blog:titimenglish@gmail.com/fatima bounouch.i would be glad to be one memeber of your blog.

NOUREDDINE said...

Thank you so much, and I wish you the best